Sage Words Services 68 Midland Drive WEBSTER, NY 14580 US

(321) 243-6692

Welcome to Sage Words Publishing

Nessel

autor webpages are being moved from the old platform to our new website. Watch for updates.

Site will have a copy of their book covers, reviews, and author bios. Thank you for your patience.

image17

 


GKA Fanatic
5.0 out of 5 starsValuable Resource for all Athletes
July 20, 2017Format: PaperbackVerified Purchase
Great resource for athletes of all ages and skill level. Ed Nessel is wealth of knowledge and experience. Highly recommended!


Biker Bob R-D
5.0 out of 5 starsGreat information for coaching
September 15, 2014Format: PaperbackVerified Purchase
Great information for coaching. The sport is different from Dr. Nessel's but the principles apply. I have already referred this book to other coaches in the Paddling/Dragon Boating community.


C. Tilson
5.0 out of 5 starsFinally!
June 10, 2014Format: Paperback
Finally! A go-to manual for athletes of any age, ability level, injured or whole, written in a way I can only describe as incredibly “approachable”, yet well documented and authoritative.

As an author with a longstanding reputation for guiding elite swimmers to Olympic gold, Coach Nessel certainly understands how to shape the powerhouse athlete, but in this publication, his sensitivity to those of us struggling with declining athletic abilities as we advance in age, has renewed my determination to maximize my health. Sensible supplemented eating strategies, pain and injury prevention and treatment, training to build strength and endurance, and emotional considerations in goal setting, has never been easier to understand and to implement, sans hiring your own Olympic trainer!

Thank you Coach for finding just the right words to convince that 10% of my body (brain), to take control of the other 90% (body), while good, better, and best health is still within reach!

Cynthia E. Tilson, RN, BSN, CRNA
One person found this helpful


Brenda Freeman
5.0 out of 5 starsAs a physician and aging competitive swimmer I've been waiting for something like this to be published for a long time!
June 9, 2014Format: Paperback
"I experienced the amazing range of Coach Nessel's scientific training methods first hand when I asked him to prepare me for the 1500 meter open water swimming leg of the 2013 Pittsburgh Triathlon. I applied his suggested unique swimming stroke techniques, modified weight room routines, diet and supplements knowledge and training physiology over a period of just eight weeks to transform my natural power sprinting abilities into producing a successful distance swim. The Coach knows what it takes to train smart, allowing for increased performance yet preventing illness and injury. I know this comprehensive book will be referred to often to help keep me on the road to future successful training experiences as I age."
Brenda K. Freeman, M.D. Consulting Psychiatrist and Medical Director of Alcohol, Tobacco and Other Drug Services, Pittsburgh Mercy Health System, Pittsburgh, PA
One person found this helpful


I. B.
5.0 out of 5 starsDefinitely recommended for all athletes.
September 27, 2014Format: Paperback
A very complete and comprehensive guide for a heathy athlete. Extensive research makes this book a valuable source of pertinent information by a very talented author, pharmacist and world class swimmer.

image18

Be the first to review this book.